Many perceive company culture as ephemeral, but culture is the sum expectations, behaviors, and results.
* What do you expect of your employees (at all levels)?
* How do you want them to behave (towards each other, vendors and customers) as they work to deliver against those expectations?
* What results do you expect?
* Critically, do you prioritize results over behaviors? Doing so can lead to unintended consequences (e.g., the recent banking debacle or Enron).
How do you create a company culture designed to reinforce the behaviors you want to achieve the results you need?
In this half-day workshop, Derek will help you:
* Build the business case for your culture of recognition
* Align recognition with company values and objectives
* Define measurable results to uncover the ROI on your recognition investment
Register now for this exclusive workshop on how to build a winning culture of recognition proven to increase employee engagement by double digits in your organization. You will also earn 4 IHR credits.
Dates and locations are:
* Atlanta, GA: Thursday, Oct 27, 2011
* New York, NY: Friday, Oct 28, 2011
* Chicago, IL: Monday, Nov 14, 2011
* San Francisco, CA: Thursday, Nov 17, 2011
Find out more information and register here. Blog readers should enter discount code: GLOBOBLOG for half-off the registration fee.