Recently named the 7th Best Workplace in Ireland and the 12th best workplace in Europe by the Great Places To Work Institute. Globoforce is a fun, fast paced environment with a winning culture. The company is co-headquartered in Southborough, Massachusetts, and Dublin, Ireland.
As the global leader in cloud-based (SaaS) social recognition solutions, Globoforce helps its clients dramatically increase employee engagement and retention, strengthen company culture, and manage and measure employee performance.
Over the past 10 years, Globoforce has reinvented employee recognition from tactical-based programs to social and strategic programs that energize employees and lead to bottom-line business results. This new approach provides HR and business leaders with data and insights that can reveal the true performance and influence of employees across an organization. Today, some of the largest and most admired brands and companies rely on Globoforce to transform employee performance, including Symantec, Intuit, JetBlue, and InterContinental Hotels Group.
To work as a QA Automation Architect and Product Owner of the QA Automation team.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Define Globoforce automation strategy: Agree Automation team development roadmap, agree Automation team short and long term goals according to team development roadmap, Track team progress towards goals set-up for Automation team, adjust/tune the strategy and goals depending on the achieved results
- Communicate progress to stakeholders: Update stakeholders regularly on the Automation strategy progress, agree all adjustments and changes. Communicate test results, metrics and risk assessments to the project stakeholders
- Represent the team: Being the Product Owner of the Automation Team enable the team to work efficiently, including process improvements; On-going education.
- Scrum teams: Lead the process of engaging scrum teams in automation process. Work with Automation and scrum teams on necessary education and knowledge sharing. Organize and maintain community of practice involving all engineers who are interested in automation.
- Technical responsibilities: Initiate, develop and maintain automation framework and framework enhancements, Investigate and apply new tools to the current test framework, Work very closely with QAs and developers to review functional automation test coverage to ensure QA goals are met
- Other: Constantly review/suggest new approaches in measuring code coverage, Mentor more junior team members, share knowledge and identify training required
Required Skills and experience
- Proven experience defining and leading the implementation of QA Automation Strategy, including definition and measurement of key success metrics, and management of Automation Strategy rollout within the development organisation
- 3+ years working as QA Automation Architect (or similar), including proven experience of designing and implementing Automation Testing frameworks and high level release planning
- 10+ years Information Systems experience including major system implementations particularly in the online services industry.
- Experience developing and executing automated test suites
- Proven automation skills in at least some of the following: Selenium scripting, Perfecto Mobile/Device Anywhere, JMeter, Ruby, Python etc.
- Hands on experience in Java
- Strong XML and web application technology experience
- Good knowledge of UNIX or Linux
- Experience diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving quality issues
- Experience of interface development with Web Services and Java
- Experience of Oracle and database design
- Experience with Continuous Integration servers
- Expertise with JUnit, Mock and/or other testing frameworks
- Test-Driven development expertise/experience would be advantageous
- Browser and server side test automation (WebDriver, Selenium, Fitnesse, DBFit, TestNG )
- Experience of Agile/Scrum/KANBAN techniques e.g. user stories, iterative development.
- Ability to work with a remote team
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing, by phone, and in person with other teams
- Ability to help launch new projects and follow through to completion
- Attention to details very important
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
- Advanced or Expert level ISTQB Certification is advantage
Full Time, Permanent
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org